5 Steps to Making Better Sales Decisions
Whether it is the ultra-modern products offered by startups or the evergreen traditional products offered by years’ old national and international brands, everyone is vying to get the largest share of customers in their industry. But it requires a lot of endeavors and some effective decisions. One such decision is Sales decision. Sales decision is like a trailblazer for the entire organization. However, there are many things to keep in mind to ensure the effectiveness of the sales decision. Here are 5 main things to consider while taking any sales decision:0 Comments
1. ObjectiveIt is very important to have clear objectives before you take any sales decision. If you have a clear objective before going through the decision process you can check the success of your decision making process. So you should ask yourself whether you want to increase the sales of a certain product/service, enhance the customer experience or improve the after sales services. At the end of the process of decision making you should also evaluate if the sales decision that helps in achieving the targeted objectives.
2. Defining the processIn fact, we would like to dwell on this topic at some length, even at the risk of being labeled as part. The communication planning is one of the key factors to consider while defining the process. In fact, communication is the only way you can make others acquainted with your thoughts and the solutions. So you need to plan the communication very well. So this process contains 2 major points: designing he process itself and effectively communicating the same with the relevant audience. In no way we can separate the “process designing” and “communication planning” as it is one of the parts of designing the process, but due to its importance we need to define the communication factor separately. So, we have actually divided this point into 2 parts: process designing strategy and the planning the communication for the maximum impact. a.) The Process Sales Decision is a very broad topic and there are different aspects to it. Depending upon the sales aspect you want to address there can be a distinctly different process. For example, if you want to enhance the customer experience, then you should have the solid data of customer feedback over a particular period of time. Then you should have certain well-researched options and logical grounds to support their effectiveness in answering the issue. b.) Special Tip One common mistake that most people make here is going for uneven comparison. If you are, say, a start-up, you just cannot afford to compare the sales strategies that are adopted by fortune 500 companies without localizing it to your level. Before researching any example, you should match Budget, Scope of revenue and work culture of the organization. Either your company or the one whose data is forming a base for research should be in harmony you should be able to localize the strategies to suit your environment.
3. CommunicationCommunication is the most basic characteristic that separates human beings from animals. And in terms of sales decision, the effectiveness of communication decides the overall impact. In fact, the first impact of your company or marketing endeavor decides the end results. So it is extremely imperative to make sure that the very first communication with your target audience should instantly impact their mind. Not only that, an ideal communication plan should also keep your target audience engaged and effectively communicate them the existing challenges and the proposed sales decision. It should tell them in no uncertain words, the impact of the sales decision you are going to take. Here are few things to remember
- An ideal presentation should give an overview in the minimum possible sentences.
- Try to curtail the length of your presentation as much as possible. Too much of clichés, jargons and unnecessary words can affect the sincerity of the presentation
4. Gather the data effectively